Tokyo Design Festa May 2008
The Tokyo Design Festa is a semi-annual event where artists, craftsmen, performers, musicians, film-makers, and what-not gather from all over the world to exhibit their creations.
It's a weekend of artistic chaos!
Ghostly Lady from Tokyo Design Festa
Here's a little avant-garde weirdness from Tokyo Design Festa.
She's from Taiwan and was one of the performers at the Design Festa
Drumming Rabbits - Usagi Taiko Group
This footage is from the Tokyo Design Festa of the female Taiko Drum Group known as Usagi. Usagi means rabbit in Japanese.
Crazy Angel Company
Here's a bit of a big band I caught at Tokyo Design Festa called Crazy Angel Company.
They have a lot of energy and it shows in their performance.
Scenes from Three Bands from Tokyo Design Festa
Here's a small slice of the music scene in Tokyo.
This vid is brief snippets of three bands I caught at Tokyo Design Festa.
The Eyeball Love Globe Group
Take a dip into the surreal and the avant-garde with the Taiwanese performance group - the Eyeball Love Globe group.
The Eyeball Love Globe performed at the Tokyo Design Festa this past May and have done so a few other times before being one of the popular re-occuring performances at the exhibition.
the music for two of the segements is from Seven Cycle Theory:
Shinobi-Try - Ninja Dance Group
Shinobi Try is Ninja Dance Group who mix martial arts with dancing
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (33)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (22)
- Tokyo Design Festa Vids May 2008
- Shout-out for Tokyo Design Festa May 2009
- Tokyo Design Festa
- Video Clips of Japanese Snow Monkeys
- Japanese Snow Monkeys
- Japanese Snow Lantern Festival in Hirosaki Video
- Japanese Snow Lantern Festival
- Where Have All The Ninja Gone?
- A Visit to Dracula's Tomb
- Climbing the Great Pyramid with Japanese Know-How
- Japanese Mud-Slinging Festival Video
- Japanese Mudslinging Festival
- ▼ May (12)
- Roving Ronin Report
- Tokyo, Japan
- Vagabond traveler currently hold up in Tokyo. I've done a far bit of traveling and had a few interesting adventures along the way. This blog is a chronicle of adventures past and present and those yet to come. I’ve been to about 30 countries though some no bigger than a kitchen table. I’ve run with the bulls of Pamplona, hiked the Inca Trail, got mugged in Mexico City, floated down the Nile in an old boat, climbed the Great Pyramid of Egypt, got ripped at Oktoberfest, and rode the notorious Tokyo Yamanote Halloween Party Train.
Abashiri (1) akihabara (1) Akita (3) ancient egypt (1) animals (3) anime (3) Aomori (3) archery (5) art (7) beer (2) Bonden Matsuri (3) Buddhism (4) celebrations (1) Christianity (3) clubbing (6) comedy (3) cosplay (14) costumes (4) culture (4) cute (6) dance (3) design festa (5) drinking (2) easter (3) fertility (1) festival (12) festivals (5) geisha (3) ghost stories (2) ghosts (3) gundam (3) Halloween (9) Hooters (1) horror (3) horseback archery (4) humor (4) japan (102) japanese anime (1) japanese archery (5) Japanese art (1) japanese culture (27) Japanese festival (7) Japanese ghost stories (2) Japanese ghosts (1) japanese girls (12) japanese history (12) japanese pop-culture (1) Karaoke (1) karate (2) kyoto (7) kyudo (4) Matsuri (5) music (6) naked festival (1) Nara (2) nature (2) Nebuta (3) Neputa (2) New Years (5) New Years Eve (3) ninja (4) otaku (2) pamplona (1) party (5) pirates (1) pop culture (1) romania (1) RoninDave (3) Roppongi (5) running of the bulls (1) samurai (14) Setsubun (3) sexy (16) shintoism (7) snow monkey (2) soccer (2) tohoku (6) tokyo (43) Tokyo Decadance (12) travel (1) video (7) vlad tepes (1) weapons (1) weird (5) winter (5) World Cup (1) WTF (8) yabusame (4) Yasukuni Shrine (4) 侍 (1) 日本 (1) 流鏑馬 (1)